b
Life As Is

...it being understood that Seller and Seller's agents make no representations or warranties
pertaining to the fixtures or state of repair of the World or any of its systems.


Thursday, October 28, 2004
  Harsh : Law students all around me are frantically gathering their books and heading off to their 11 o'clock class. Some are attempting to scan the last few pages of the reading assignment, hoping that important words will jump out at them. Others have either finished or given up. Two or three of these people are about to be called on. If they're not prepared they'll be skewered.

I am reminded of my first year here. The weight of all the reading had a devastating effect on me. The only way I can describe it (and unfortunately it makes me sound like a big drama queen, which I guess I am) is that it was like getting beat up. A gang of thugs pummeling me, on a daily basis. And then they dragged my body through the streets.

I don't think about it too much anymore. There isn't too much to do except put it behind you, and hope that you haven't changed much.

And sometimes I slip into the mind set that everyone more or less adopts: I DID IT, YOU CAN TOO, GET TO CLASS. But when I remember what it was like, I don't feel that way. I know that some of the people I see here (and their families at home) are really struggling. And I hope they are ok.
Comments:
this is a message from europe: STOPBUSHSTOPBUSHSTOPBUSHSTOPBUSHSTOPBUSHSTOPBUSH
STOPBUSHSTOPBUSHSTOPBUSHSTOPBUSHSTOPBUSHSTOPBUSH
STOPBUSHSTOPBUSHSTOPBUSH
STOPBUSHSTOPBUSHSTOPBUSH
STOPBUSH

flexo

flexo.blogia.com
 
OK, I will.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Sawyer
Stories:
SosySteps

This Weblog
is a place
where you belong

Recommended
Reading:
Gabber Blabber
Frode's Folly
Da Clerk
Freese
BWV

Boblog

FAFBLOG

Club Whirled

Marginal Utility
Crooked Timber
Letters of Marque
Mixtape Marathon
Oscar Columnist
Conglomerate
TonyaShow
Althouse
E-Comm
Sarah
Little C
WisBlawg
Mr. Brend
Rising Jurist
My 2 Lincolns
Object Permanence
Other Side of the Ocean

archives
09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 /


Powered by Blogger