b
Life As Is

...it being understood that Seller and Seller's agents make no representations or warranties
pertaining to the fixtures or state of repair of the World or any of its systems.


Wednesday, October 27, 2004
  New Sosysteps Post : Here. I tried to put together a list of Sawyer's all time favorite words.

Family front update: Still no name for Paco. I decided last night that I like Jacques, but it has the same problem that Paco does of not passing the ethnic-plausibility test. Maybe that would be properly called the ethnically-plausible test, I'm not sure. Anyway, Jacques doesn't pass. And in any case I can't say for sure whether I would go with that name if I could. It is only after a name passes all the other tests that it can be honestly subjected to the ultimate test: the do-I-really-want-to-name-my-kid-this test.

We've made arrangements to watch the election results at Valarie and Michael's place, which means we won't have to steal anyone's TV that night. We won't be able to go over there until about 9pm because K and I are taking a "home purchasing for dummies" class from the Dane County Housing Authority. Well, OK, I'm not a dummy. This semester I'm taking Real Estate Transactions, and I'd like to think I'm learning something useful in there. But the class kind of shoots too far, if you know what I mean. How to make an offer-to-purchase conditioned on a dual-use easement running through the NW 1/4 of the SW 1/4 of the blah-blah, etc., etc. That's probably not going to come up. Let's hope it doesn't. I need something much more practical: "How to get a kick-ass mortgage," for instance.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home




Sawyer
Stories:
SosySteps

This Weblog
is a place
where you belong

Recommended
Reading:
Gabber Blabber
Frode's Folly
Da Clerk
Freese
BWV

Boblog

FAFBLOG

Club Whirled

Marginal Utility
Crooked Timber
Letters of Marque
Mixtape Marathon
Oscar Columnist
Conglomerate
TonyaShow
Althouse
E-Comm
Sarah
Little C
WisBlawg
Mr. Brend
Rising Jurist
My 2 Lincolns
Object Permanence
Other Side of the Ocean

archives
09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 /


Powered by Blogger