b
Life As Is

...it being understood that Seller and Seller's agents make no representations or warranties
pertaining to the fixtures or state of repair of the World or any of its systems.


Sunday, October 17, 2004
  Sunday Times Endorsement : The NYT editorial page on the S.Ct.:

We have specific fears about what would happen in a second Bush term, particularly regarding the Supreme Court. The record so far gives us plenty of cause for worry. Thanks to Mr. Bush, Jay Bybee, the author of an infamous Justice Department memo justifying the use of torture as an interrogation technique, is now a federal appeals court judge. Another Bush selection, J. Leon Holmes, a federal judge in Arkansas, has written that wives must be subordinate to their husbands and compared abortion rights activists to Nazis.

Not at all unexpected that the NYT should endorse Kerry, but I was certainly surprised by the eloquence of writing. The majority of the paragraphs are devoted not to the candidate himself, John Kerry, but to raising concerns such as the above and to retracing the arc of George Bush's disastrous presidency:
We look back on the past four years with hearts nearly breaking, both for the lives unnecessarily lost and for the opportunities so casually wasted.
If I were to dwell too heavily on these words I could easily lose the next two weeks of my life.
Comments:
Was the 2000 NYT endorsement so scathing as this one? I can't remember a more emphatic endorsement (or rather Bush un-endorsement), but I am still fairly young.
 
I don't remember the 2000 endorsement either, but I doubt is was as scathing--the stakes weren't (perceived to be) as high. Then again, along the lines of what you noted, this may be a function of my age. People who voted in the "daisy ad" election might take issue with me. This is only my third presidential election.
 
Thank you!
[url=http://zpmmmayr.com/qrbu/dzcj.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rpkhnqfi.com/welt/fraw.html]Cool site[/url]
 
Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit
 
Well done!
http://zpmmmayr.com/qrbu/dzcj.html | http://wrqgdztj.com/hwxd/pxwj.html
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Sawyer
Stories:
SosySteps

This Weblog
is a place
where you belong

Recommended
Reading:
Gabber Blabber
Frode's Folly
Da Clerk
Freese
BWV

Boblog

FAFBLOG

Club Whirled

Marginal Utility
Crooked Timber
Letters of Marque
Mixtape Marathon
Oscar Columnist
Conglomerate
TonyaShow
Althouse
E-Comm
Sarah
Little C
WisBlawg
Mr. Brend
Rising Jurist
My 2 Lincolns
Object Permanence
Other Side of the Ocean

archives
09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 /


Powered by Blogger