b
Life As Is

...it being understood that Seller and Seller's agents make no representations or warranties
pertaining to the fixtures or state of repair of the World or any of its systems.


Monday, November 08, 2004
  If You're Going To Sleep In The Devil's Bed, You Might As Well Drink His Wine : So nice to relax with a glass of red wine after an arduous Civil Procedure class. I'm drinking Concha y Toro and appreciating words. Arduous--from Latin arduus, high, steep. Michael Ignatieff describes the marriage ceremony as "that moment when falling in love is replaced by the arduous drama of staying in love."

Concha y Toro is the winemaker. The wine is Casillero del Diablo. It's complex, which is a nice quality in a wine. That's true about it being complex (my dad will back me up on that) but it is difficult for me to take myself seriously when I am describing a wine.



Here's the thing. I was once a waiter at a froo-froo restaurant; didn't last long. The place served waaaaaaaay too many wines to keep track of and yours truly--enterprising young man that I was--quickly mastered the art of bullshitting wine descriptions. I notice some similarity between that and speaking in court, actually:

"Your honor, may it please the court, my client is fruity, smoky, well-balanced, round, and medium-bodied with firm tannins. I rest my case."

Anyway, about this C. del Diablo. I'm having the Cab Sauv right now but I've heard the Carménère is even better.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home




Sawyer
Stories:
SosySteps

This Weblog
is a place
where you belong

Recommended
Reading:
Gabber Blabber
Frode's Folly
Da Clerk
Freese
BWV

Boblog

FAFBLOG

Club Whirled

Marginal Utility
Crooked Timber
Letters of Marque
Mixtape Marathon
Oscar Columnist
Conglomerate
TonyaShow
Althouse
E-Comm
Sarah
Little C
WisBlawg
Mr. Brend
Rising Jurist
My 2 Lincolns
Object Permanence
Other Side of the Ocean

archives
09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 /


Powered by Blogger