b
Life As Is

...it being understood that Seller and Seller's agents make no representations or warranties
pertaining to the fixtures or state of repair of the World or any of its systems.


Tuesday, November 16, 2004
  Personnel Changes : Dear Readers,

As you know, my blog is now entering its second term. There will be the inevitable reshuffling of cabinet positions as I turn my attention away from building up readership (which I don't have to worry about for another four years) toward the subject that will become my new focus: foreign policy, I'm thinking, or maybe faith-based initiatives.

Here are some new changes that will take effect on Jan. 25:

My new secretary of state will be Colin Powell. It's true that he fails to meet two key prerequisites for the position: (1) extremely scary looking, and (2) former-competitive figure skater. But he's got good computer skills, and I'm willing to overlook his shortcomings.

Also, except on Sundays, when he will continue to pen his "On Language" column, William Safire will be retiring from the position of as NYT-Columnist-Who-Constantly-Bugs-The-Crap-Out-Of-Me. Undoubtedly, the post will be filled by Thomas Friedman.

Finally, I myself will be going on mental sabbatical for at least the next six weeks. Not to worry, I should be able to keep the blog from drifting too far off course by recycling old posts. (Note: this is a departure my current policy of recycling old themes, which has been in place for over a year.) Once that starts to grow stale I will try to bring in a guest blogger or two, but I can't talk about that right now because I'm in middle of contract negotiations.

Keeping you informed about life *as is,*

B.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home




Sawyer
Stories:
SosySteps

This Weblog
is a place
where you belong

Recommended
Reading:
Gabber Blabber
Frode's Folly
Da Clerk
Freese
BWV

Boblog

FAFBLOG

Club Whirled

Marginal Utility
Crooked Timber
Letters of Marque
Mixtape Marathon
Oscar Columnist
Conglomerate
TonyaShow
Althouse
E-Comm
Sarah
Little C
WisBlawg
Mr. Brend
Rising Jurist
My 2 Lincolns
Object Permanence
Other Side of the Ocean

archives
09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 /


Powered by Blogger