b
Life As Is

...it being understood that Seller and Seller's agents make no representations or warranties
pertaining to the fixtures or state of repair of the World or any of its systems.


Sunday, January 30, 2005
  It's the end of the week as we know it (and I feel fine) : This once-a-week posting... it's a little bit like being in a long-distance relationship. (Immediate red flag: does this guy have an unhealthy attatchment to his readers? you tell me, but I don't think so.) What I mean is, you go about your ordinary life and then at some point later, say for an hour, in the evening, on the phone, you try to summon up a performance recreating everything that's happened since the last time you spoke to your mate. Blech. No thanks. I'd rather spend an hour on the phone, as vague as this sounds, just being present.

So... a week has gone by since my last post, stuffed full of observations, mini-epiphanies, and other blogable events. Try as I might, there would be no way that I could condense it all into a single-post format. I guess I could try making a big list--something along the lines of the REM song, see title above, but I won't because I want to be present as I post.

NO BABY YET, by the way. We both really sensed that he was coming, and then it receded, so now we're back in the holding pattern. Due date is Feb 3rd, for all whom I haven't told.

My eldest has predicted, over at SosySteps, that his younger brother's arrival date is going to be Feb 4th. Astrologers, start calibrating your computers--can we work with that? We've got an Aquarius on our hands for sure, but what's going on in the 12th House on the 4th? How is this kid going to fit in with three fire signs, for goodness sake? (Not to mention one who's a lawyer and another named Sawyer).

Gotta run. Check out this post of more than Marginal Utility. Tom picked up on a snippet I dropped into a post a while back and made something meaningful out of it. That's the way this stuff works.

Also, I bought overshoes yesterday and ordered life insurance today--it was a weekend of big purchases. Guess which one I took longer to mull over (hint: in the "Rubber Footwear" aisle of Farm and Fleet).
Comments:
Thanks for your chocolate, except now everyone in the office thinks it's an early Valentine and I'm too shy to admit it.
 
Bring chocolate to your next deposition. Happy Valentine's day.
 

relationship 101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships.

Multilingual : English - Chinese Simplified - Chinese Traditional - Dutch - French - German - Greek - Italian - Japanese - Korean - Portuguese - Russian - Spanish

Lighten Up : Often when couples have gone through or are going through some bumpy spots in their relationship, things tend to get serious. relationship

 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Sawyer
Stories:
SosySteps

This Weblog
is a place
where you belong

Recommended
Reading:
Gabber Blabber
Frode's Folly
Da Clerk
Freese
BWV

Boblog

FAFBLOG

Club Whirled

Marginal Utility
Crooked Timber
Letters of Marque
Mixtape Marathon
Oscar Columnist
Conglomerate
TonyaShow
Althouse
E-Comm
Sarah
Little C
WisBlawg
Mr. Brend
Rising Jurist
My 2 Lincolns
Object Permanence
Other Side of the Ocean

archives
09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 /


Powered by Blogger