b
Life As Is

...it being understood that Seller and Seller's agents make no representations or warranties
pertaining to the fixtures or state of repair of the World or any of its systems.


Monday, January 17, 2005
  Loosey Goosey : Today I went back to the office for the first time since the summer. The place fit like a glove; I really like my job. Everyone in the office was exactly as I had remembered them. Most importantly, though, my special jet-black heavy-duty staple-remover was in its hiding spot where I had left it. It's a very important staple-remover. The one staple-remover. The one staple-remover to rule them all. I know what you're thinking, but if that thing fell into the wrong hands it would be our downfall. Carrying it is my burden. Mine.

You'll have to excuse me, I had some wine with dinner. And it is a really nice staple-remover.

Loosey Goosey, by the way, is a phrase that only one person in the world actually uses in casual conversation. I work with him. He said it to me within the first half-hour that I was back. Funny how I had been missing that phrase.
Comments:
You sound like Milton with his red Swingline. I have to use staple removers, but I'm a woefully under-paid state employee. What's your excuse?
 
I don't use it. I just caress it, mumbling to myself.
 
Is that really just a staple remover? Or is it also a +2 crossbow or something?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Sawyer
Stories:
SosySteps

This Weblog
is a place
where you belong

Recommended
Reading:
Gabber Blabber
Frode's Folly
Da Clerk
Freese
BWV

Boblog

FAFBLOG

Club Whirled

Marginal Utility
Crooked Timber
Letters of Marque
Mixtape Marathon
Oscar Columnist
Conglomerate
TonyaShow
Althouse
E-Comm
Sarah
Little C
WisBlawg
Mr. Brend
Rising Jurist
My 2 Lincolns
Object Permanence
Other Side of the Ocean

archives
09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 /


Powered by Blogger