b
Life As Is

...it being understood that Seller and Seller's agents make no representations or warranties
pertaining to the fixtures or state of repair of the World or any of its systems.


Wednesday, February 16, 2005
  Blogging is the new religion : Sneaking a mid-week post.

I am having trouble restricting myself to one post a week, which was my bargain, at least while I have so much new family stuff going on. I'm feeling the call of the keyboard on a daily basis, though. I decided that I'd rather craft, say, one thoughtful paragraph each morning than seven on Sunday. Why? Because faithful readers deserve a faithful writer. Also, because it's more natural. Life comes at you every day, and so, ideally, would *Life As Is.*

My grandmother, who is religious by the way, gave me a magnet in 1983: Seven days without prayer makes one weak.

Was blogging what she had in mind? Probably not but it's worth asking. In any case I don't think the magnet is as corny or wired as I used to. That's something.

--------------------
[UPDATE: blogger.com's spell-check wants me to replace blogging with flogging, a word that may or not have religious connotations. I'll leave it to you.]
Comments:
Which was the thoughtful paragraph in this post?
 
An excellent question. I'd be curious to hear what you think. I will tell you that the most mentally taxing paragraph to write was then one where I had to figure out what year I turned nine.
 
I should notify my pal about this.
 
в итоге: мне понравилось. а82ч
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Sawyer
Stories:
SosySteps

This Weblog
is a place
where you belong

Recommended
Reading:
Gabber Blabber
Frode's Folly
Da Clerk
Freese
BWV

Boblog

FAFBLOG

Club Whirled

Marginal Utility
Crooked Timber
Letters of Marque
Mixtape Marathon
Oscar Columnist
Conglomerate
TonyaShow
Althouse
E-Comm
Sarah
Little C
WisBlawg
Mr. Brend
Rising Jurist
My 2 Lincolns
Object Permanence
Other Side of the Ocean

archives
09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 /


Powered by Blogger