b
Life As Is

...it being understood that Seller and Seller's agents make no representations or warranties
pertaining to the fixtures or state of repair of the World or any of its systems.


Sunday, February 06, 2005
  pins and needles : Time has been suspended. We have sat on the edge of our seats all week waiting for A.'s arrival.

Unlike last time, I don't feel a weight of impending responsibility about nuturing and parenting him. Thanks to my experience of the past two years I know that once we get this guy in the nest, all the other stuff will seem as easy as breathing. (Breathing isn't always easy.)

It's just that first breath... his, I mean. I feel the same nervous anticipation that I remember from last time; I'm concerned about giving him a smooth transition into the world.

Anyway, the baby's imminent arrival has me thinking about life; and paths of lives. Incidentally such thoughts, when I follow them, usually end up returning me to the point of beginning: Trying to take *life as is.*

And a big thank-you to Ocean, in general, and for this post, and the pictures therein, turning around my thinking on the subject of Februaries:
...if you look at the play of sunshine against the trees and snow, you'll understand that there is a magic there and it does not appear in March, or April, or May.
Readers beware of following the link. The blogger spell-check, in its wisdom, suggests to us that ninacamic be replaced with the word "mincingly." What that tells us about Ocean I am not sure, but you've been warned.

And on a final note, I wish to give a word of warning to any WI Law 3Ls who are delaying filling out their diploma-privilege bar applications, like I was until very recently. Get started; it's going to take longer than you think. I'd almost rather just take a bar exam. (I said almost.)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home




Sawyer
Stories:
SosySteps

This Weblog
is a place
where you belong

Recommended
Reading:
Gabber Blabber
Frode's Folly
Da Clerk
Freese
BWV

Boblog

FAFBLOG

Club Whirled

Marginal Utility
Crooked Timber
Letters of Marque
Mixtape Marathon
Oscar Columnist
Conglomerate
TonyaShow
Althouse
E-Comm
Sarah
Little C
WisBlawg
Mr. Brend
Rising Jurist
My 2 Lincolns
Object Permanence
Other Side of the Ocean

archives
09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 /


Powered by Blogger